Friday 20 November 2015

Running going OK but still in comfort zone

This morning I managed to bang out a sub 6 min per km mid-week run into work, albeit on an almost pancake flat route - from Bramber along the Downs Link and then seafront to Brighton.

Over the coming weeks I intend to increase the time/distance and then will tag on another run shortly after/before so I experience running on tired legs. Today's run was a relatively gentle affair at around 18km and only 1:45 on my feet. I had previously done longer weekend runs but sometimes it may actually be more convenient to get in a long mid-week run instead (or as an additional session). This weekend I am unsure of the hours I will have available for training so thought it best to get some mileage in beforehand.

I do not feel any ill-effects from the long run/commute although I mostly stay within my comfort zone - 'Pegler pace'. Going forward I should not be afraid to schedule both some quicker and slower runs.

As the weather starts to turn a little colder I am starting to get a little more interested on jumping on the turbo. A lot of the guys are experimenting with Zwift, which looks a heap of fun. I reckon I could set it up with my existing trainer, Garmin speed sensor and ANT+ USB stick but am yet to download the software and give it a go. I would love to be in a position to invest in a updated turbo trainer - one of the latest smart trainers that have built in ANT+/Bluetooth plus can handle power more easily but for the time being my TACX Flow will have to do.

I will back in contact with my total volume for the week and plans for the coming days. I also need to post a review of some of the ROKA swim gear that have been recently sent to the Club.

Until then, over and out - keep on training!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...