My Bucket List
1. London 2 Brighton 100km challenge - The London 2 Brighton Challenge is one of the UK’s greatest endurance events. Most will walk the 100km; some will jog it, and many will run it as an ultra-marathon. However you take it on, it’s a test of determination and stamina. It’s real, no gimmicks, rewarding and is achievable!
2. S.O.S. Triathlon - The Survival of the Shawangunks (SOS) is an eight stage triathlon held in New Paltz, NY. Cycle country roads and scenic highways circling the northern ridge of the Shawangunk Mountain Range. Ascend the western face. At the entrance to Minnewaska State Park leave your bike for a combination run/swim journey through some of America's most beautiful cross-country trails and spring fed lakes.
3. IronBaby - a self-supported DIY ironman distance race created by the great Coach Brett from 'Zen and the Art of Triathlon' - a wonderful podcast that I have been listing to for the last few years, over which time I really have felt that I have got to know Brett. I would love to meet him, race alongside him and raise a bit of money for a great cause at the some time.
4. L'Etape du Tour - established in 1993 to allow amateur cyclists to test their legs on the route of one of the mountain stages in the Tour de France, has become the reference race for cyclosportive riders from all over the world.
5. Lands End to John O'Groats - Cycling from Land’s End to John O’Groats, the furthest possible distance in the British Isles, is a classic challenge that many dream of. Starting at Land’s End on the southwesterly tip of England, cyclists pedal their way through Cornwall, over Dartmoor and north along the Welsh border, skirting the Lake District into Scotland, via lochs and mountains to the North coast and John O’Groats. In all they cover almost 1000 miles in 10-12 days, passing through some of the most stunning and remote countryside in the British Isles.
6. Challenge Vichy - Vichy is in central France, 3 hours from Paris. It is an "easy" full distance ironman event compared to other French long distances such as Nice, Embrun, Gerardmer, Alpe d'Huez, Altriman. Ideal for beginners and for athletes who want to go for a PB.
7. Escape from Alcatraz triathlon - features a 1.5-mile swim from Alcatraz Island to the shores of the St. Francis Yacht Club, a grueling 18-mile bike ride, and a demanding 8-mile run through the trails of the Golden Gate Recreational Area. Set against the natural beauty of San Francisco, this thrilling triathlon is a virtual postcard of the City by the Bay.
8. Tough Mudder - events are hardcore 12 mile-long obstacle courses designed by the Special Forces to test your all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie. With the most innovative courses and 1,000,000 inspiring participants worldwide to date, Tough Mudder is the premier adventure challenge series in the world.
9. Norseman Xtreme Triathlon - Ten years ago, the first Norseman Xtreme Triathlon carved its own category in international triathlon. Norseman has remained true to its core ever since, and continues to attract triathletes from around the world to the ultimate test of endurance, grit, sportsmanship and friendly competition through some of Norway's most amazing landscapes.
10. No respectable 'Bucket List' can be complete without the big one - the world Ironman championships in Kona - you never know, one day!
What would be on your 'Bucket List'?