Wednesday 20 March 2024

March update - not so cheery

This last week has not been so great...

Very unlike me, but I have had a really bad cold, which I think I have mostly beaten, although I have a lingering cough I just can't shake. Fitness has taken a back seat to give my body the best chance to recover, but it is becoming a bit of a drag.

I go on holiday in a weeks time and I want to feel well (plus strong + fit).

It was only a couple of weeks ago when everything was going pretty well. I had completed the Brighton half-marathon with my family and loved running with my Son, although he eventually pushed ahead (with my blessing) and I came in slightly after him with a time of 1:47, not that great, however I thoroughly enjoyed the day.

In addition to my regular running I had been increasing the strength + weight sessions and even managed 10+ chin-ups on the pull-up bar. Still more training to hit a reasonable number of pull-ups, although I do have a program.

As I am writing this blog (over 2 days) another slightly odd and unfortunate evening in that I think I had another episode of kidney stones, which last hit me about 10-15 years ago. It certainly had all the painful symptoms, however today I have felt kind of OK. Let's hope it was a one off. Otherwise my holiday to Sri Lanka just became a little less certain!

Going to drink much more water, something I have struggled with over the years.

Anyway, let's hope for better news and a more positive update next time. Hopefully on the plane to Sri Lanka feeling fabulous.

P.S. Need another event or 2 in the calendar 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...