Monday 23 May 2022

E-Bike adventure

I know, you must be thinking 'E-Bike adventure'.... that's it, he has finally given in to old age, no more 'Tri Hard Dave' or training tips, bring on the 'Dad bod'!

Well, maybe, or maybe not....

So, yes, I do find e-biking a lot easier (and less strenuous on my body) but my goodness it is good fun. It also potentially gets you out there (for longer) and up for any hill. I was looking for any excuse to climb, whatever the gradient, in fact the steeper the better - let me at it! Plus the speed and thrill, it brought a real smile to my face. I am definitely hooked.

At the moment I am happy to rent a bike for a Sunday ride - I recommend Beacon Bikes, close to where I live and the hosts of my most recent e-bike adventure. However, in the long-term the research has begun to either invest in a nice MTB electric beast or possibly build my own using my old 26er as the base.

Watch this space

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...