Wednesday 27 February 2013

Going well this week

Following the Vachery ride I have kept a good momentum and training is going well this week. So far the sessions have been as follows:

Mon - Run - easy run with tempo set 1:30 (17.5km)
Tue - Push / Run - strength set around Preston park 0:45 + 0:30 bike interval set on rollers + 0:15 weights
Wed - Strides set (12x 30secs hard / 30secs recovery) 0:40 + 1:30 Club swim (3km)

Tomorrow the intention is to commute to work but take a hilly route for further strength training. That will help to bring the total to around 7 hours 45 mins, not bad for 4 days prior to the weekend.

One of my London 2 Paris cycling buddies was asking my advice on bike interval training today - I have a number of varied sets. It made me start thinking that I am now moving my own training away from base to the build phase, when the intensity increases and I start to get more race specific.

On my return from skiing my focus for March will be on running, more interval sets, strides, strength work and 1-2 long easy runs. This will be my final preparation for the Brighton marathon.

Thereafter my focus will shift to the bike but increasingly include brick sets and getting back use to running off the bike. Nutrition also needs to be dialled in - I am not convinced that sugary gels and bars work best for me and possibly cause stomach problems. I intend to experiment a little with more natural foods such as dates and bananas.

Lots to think about - hope I pick up some tips at the Tri show on Friday - I will report back

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...