Tuesday 25 June 2013

A year ago today

It was a year ago today when I put my 'out of office' on and travelled home to pack for the long drive to Austria.

I have been reliving some of those final days in the run up to the event by following Dan Armitage's blog, which logs his remarkable journey to Ironman Austria 2013.

http://www.danarmitageironman.com/

Over the last year or so it really has been a real honour to know Dan and witness the amazing progress he has made in a number of areas in his life - the guy is simply an inspiration. I do also feel quite humble that I had a small part to play in his decision to sign up for this epic race as I believed he enjoyed following my training blog back in 2011-12.

So I am very much looking forward to following him in Sunday's race - I almost feel I will be there with him.

I expect I will devote a full blog post to Dan next week but meanwhile I wish him all the very best wishes.

I now have quite a long list of ideas for posts that I need to publish so need to get busy writing. If you are a follower of this blog you must please also let me know if there are any areas that is of interest to you so I can make every effort to include them in future posts.

Many thanks for your continued support and remember to check out Ironman Austria 2013 and watch out for Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...