Monday 20 January 2014

The week ahead - starting to get heavier

So last week's training was generally easy, albeit there was a couple of higher intensity sessions (tempo run + turbo sets) included. The total was just over 9 hours, which was an hour more than my target of 8 (for an easy week) but it did include an extra swim.

Over the next fortnight the training starts to get heavier with a target of 10:45 this week (run focus) and 11:15 next (bike focus). Thereafter an easy week of 8 hours then 12:00 and 12:30. By the end of March (also the end of my base period - where did that go) I intend to be up to 14 hours per week.

I felt pretty fresh today so decided on a number of laps of Preston Park outdoor cycle track on my new Brompton S6L - I managed an average speed of around 26km per hour, whilst speaking to my work colleague who cycled alongside - not bad for a small-wheeled bike! I will download to Garmin / Strava later to see the stats. All good training for the Brompton World Championship in July.

The rest of the week looks as follows:

Mon: 0:45 bike (track) [DONE]
Tue: 0:30 run + 0:15 strength + 0:45 run (Club session at track)
Wed: 1:00 bike + 1:30 Club swim
Thu: 2:15 long run (normally would do at weekend but other commitments)
Fri: 1:00 bike
Sat: 1:00 Club swim + 0:30 turbo
Sun: 1:00 brick set + 0:15 strength

A bit of an easier weekend as it is my daughter's 18th birthday party - may be a bit of a heavy one on Saturday evening - not sure if you can log dancing on Strava.

For one of the bike sessions I may try to get up Ditchling Beacon on my Brompton - now that will be a challenge. My carbon road bike is keeping warm in the garage, set up on the turbo,all ready for action.

Anyway, that's the plan - I will check in again with a progress report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...