Tuesday 5 January 2021

TRX - new Christmas present

Looking out the window at the grim weather doesn't feel me with much motivation to get out and run or cycle. May be tomorrow (not really fighting talk, I know!). I really find I am better getting it done in the early morning and before I start my working day.

However, as luck would have it, I was fortunate enough to get some TRX straps for Christmas, courtesy of my lovely wife.

I had been researching the TRX for a while before and was interested how versatile it was - it doesn't take up much room and the range of exercises is staggering. Just a quick search on 'You Tube' and you can find endless workouts and exercises from the basic moves to crazy stuff, like TRX Handstands.

After a week or so of use (mostly, every other day) I am generally impressed and pleased that it provides a nice indoor alternative, albeit the more rugged military style TRX straps I chose are ideal to use outside too. I don't think it can totally replace weights but it is certainly an ideal bit of fitness equipment to improve your core strength, which is on my list of 2021 goals.

Anyway, I am off to the 'Cave of Pain' (Studio) soon to give it another go - checking out this You Tube workout, targeting the upper body   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...