Tuesday 2 April 2013

Nothing to report on the training front

I am sorry to say that I still have this serious 'man-flu' bug/virus and spent the last couple of days since my last post in bed.

As a result my training has been non-existent. I find it very difficult looking out the window to blue skies, albeit chilly temperatures, and really want to be out there in my running shoes or on my bike.

I have lost a good 2-3 lbs in the process but I expect most of that will shoot back on when my body is able to take on any nutrition.

Going to try a green smoothie today as a start.

Not the best final Brighton marathon preparation that I was hoping for. I had planned a number of short tempo runs and stride sessions in the lead up but now I will be lucky to get 1-2 in the bank. Hopefully it will not effect my PB chances but we will wait and see. Probably going to run in my new Newton running shoes, which I have been getting on with very well but not tried to do any long runs in them yet - could be a big risk!

If I can shake this flu I hope to be back on my feet tomorrow. May be I can then get back into training at the weekend.

Hope no one else is suffering from flu out there? Enjoy your training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...