Friday 21 February 2020

CityWire video interview + update on training

I am just back from a video interview with CityWire - they are normally interested in my outlook on the stockmarkets (well, sometimes!) but on this occasion they were doing a piece on training for endurance events and asked me a few questions about my past challenges, training tips and what I had going on in 2020.

Once it is published I will add a link to my blog. It did make me think that I have actually come a long way over the last 10-15 years and I am far from finished yet!

It is amazing how swim/run/cycle training has become such a big part of my life - I simply need it. It gives me the juice to get through the day. It really is a drug, and very much the right kind.

Anyway, I managed to get in that extra swim yesterday - going in with a plan made it so much easier to complete, albeit in a public pool - quite differing abilities in the (fast) lane I swam in and a long way away from swimming with my Lane 4 Tri Club buddies. However, I got the job done, focusing on pull + paddles, which is key to my training for my Loch Lomond SwimRun challenge at the end of August.

This morning cycle commute was reasonably uneventful. I have the return commute later - lots of hill work (to get over the South Downs).

Tomorrow, if all goes to plan, it is back in the pool. No major progress with my Achilles injury, although my strength exercises have been lacking - note to self.... DO THEM!

To anyone that follows this blog....Have a great weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...