Wednesday 19 February 2020

Swim set for tomorrow - paddles + pull buoy (revised)

So this is the plan for tomorrow (I hope the pool allows me to use such toys in the public swim!):

Warm up + Technique (600m)

  • 200m warm up
  • 200m pull, bilateral breathing
  • 2x 50m single arm up, FC back
  • 2x 50m kick, FC back

Build (400m)
  • 4x 75m building the pace
  • 4x 25m 9/10 hard FC

Main (1,000m)
  • 400m paddles + pull 6/10 FC
  • 100m recovery
  • 400m paddles + pull 7/10 FC
  • 100m recovery

Cool Down (200m)
  • Mixed strokes

N.B. This has been revised from my original post - my swim buddy (Graeme) and partner in the Loch Lomond SwimRun event (also a Level 2 Triathlon coach) has recommended that I dial down the main set and use some 100m sets as recovery swims - the paddles adding enough load and making the set tough enough, at least for this time of the season and given my current swim fitness (not great) - don't want any more injuries!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...