Tuesday 11 February 2020

Here we go again! Let's talk about 2020 goals

I really am poor at publishing new posts - it has been 6 months since my last confession!

So quick round up (for anyone still listening) - probably just me. If so, this is my personal diary entry for 11th February 2020.

Let's start with the good news - I have had 2 blood tests since my prostate removal at the end of July and the PSA levels have come back with a reading of <0.01 suggesting the operation was successful and I am cancer free. All good!

So there has been a move back to normality, which of course involves swimming, running and cycling into the mix.

My training week tends to total 3-6 hours rather than the 8-14 hours back in my Ironman days but that is OK - I still love the sport and am finally thinking about some goals for 2020.

So here they are.....

- Improve my speed work and try to complete a 5K parkrun under the magic 20 mins
- Improve my strength (so important for an ageing 50+ year-old triathlete)
- 'A' race: SwimRun in Loch Lomond (end of August)
- 'B' races: considering endurance swim(s), long-distance run(s), 1-2 cycle sportives
- A few triathlon Club events
- Maybe a half-Ironman (let's see)

Like always, I have probably listed too much, and will come up short, however my 'A' race has been paid for and the date is firmly in the diary.

So, if I can get motivated again to continue with my blog I expect I will be coming back with a training plan to get me in shape for my SwimRun in August. It would also be nice to lose 3-4 kgs in the process, which would be good timing for my wedding photos. I get married to Lucy in September 2020.

Could be a very exciting year!

Link to the SwimRun event: https://www.facebook.com/swimrunuk/videos/1383671721803800/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...