Monday 12 July 2021

Need to fully comit to SwimRun training

Me again - time for a brief update.

The SDW100 relay never happened (more COVID related issues) - the team has deferred to next year - may be I will have a crack then.

Meanwhile, my focus is on my one and only A-Race, which does look like it is going ahead - I have 48 days!

I have committed to a weekly SwimRun with my partner in crime (Graeme) but also need to have an additional 2 sessions (pool/sea/lake) to assist with my training and especially arm strength using the paddles for longer periods - the event includes a total 8km of swimming, which is considerably more than my longest swim (3.8km Ironman swim), albeit that was done as one. We are going to try to use an elasticated cord between us for our next swim so we keep with 10m of each other (event rules).

I should also be including some strength work (TRX, Zenn 8 swim trainer + other) although that is a bit 'hit and miss'. My running is OK (I regulary punch out sub 5 mins (per km) paced runs, even on 10km+) - I probably need to complete a couple of longer/slower trail runs before the event - possibly a run into work across the Downs. The cycling is just cross-training for now whilst my focus is on SwimRun.

That is the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...