Tuesday 20 October 2015

And I am back (again)!

Yes - I am back for more Tri training tips and chat, hopefully with a new sense of purpose.

So, lots to tell!

Since my last post I have become a fully qualified Level 1 British Triathlon Federation (BTF) Coach, completed my first ultra distance event (50 mile off-road), had a few days cycling in the Alpes, set up a new business in Brighton and am slowly and gradually getting back into some form of regular training.

New challenges you make ask?

One big one is already in the diary - a 100 mile ultra distance run across the South Downs in June 2016. I am also thinking of entering the classic Paris Roubaix cycling sportive and need to have a crack at another half - Ironman distance triathlon before getting my name on the list for the full distance in 2017 (number 3).

Over the coming weeks I will be checking in to post my training diary and progress. Hopefully along the way I can share some training tips and all the highs and lows of this great sport.

I still need to focus a lot of time and energy on getting my new business fully up and running hence my decision not to jump back into full Ironman training.

I am writing this blog post at Edinburgh airport after a nice couple of days at the Masterchefs of GB annual lunch and food/drink extravaganza. Fortunately I got a couple of nice runs in around Arthur's Seat and Holyrood Park - now officially one of my favourites loops.

All my training - routes, stats, hours are posted in Strava:

Great to be back - Tri Hard Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...