Thursday 1 February 2024

Monthly check in - what has been happening

Thursday 1st Feb and reporting in...

Just had my 56th birthday. Feeling relatively fit(ish) - During January I have managed to reduce my weight down a couple of kilos but still need to do more work to get it back into healthy range. Drinking less alcohol has helped, albeit not a totally dry January (more 'damp' January). I do however, wish to continue the less alcohol drive through February, and beyond. It certainly helps, especially with my sleep quality. I generally get a good 8 hours per night but my Garmin sleep score if I had a drink in the evening is always around 50-60. With no alcohol is it mostly in 80's - there has got to be something in that.

Otherwise, I have increased my 'TRX and Weights' sets to 2-3x a week (previously once a week) and received some additional weights plus barbell as a birthday present - thank you Lucy x

I still need to work on my daily water intake plus creating a focus on protein over carbohydrates, each meal. I feel my bias to real food over processed options has continued to improve, not that it was ever that bad. I have also slightly reduced the intake of sweet and salty snacks - now much more of a treat.

So the weight + focus on strength is finally moving in the right direction.

The colder (+ wet) weather through January has resulted in less outdoor cycling (more Peloton based). My running is OK - I am probably a little behind where I wanted to be - need some longer/easy runs and some shorter/higher intensity sessions, especially as my half-marathon (Brighton) is less than a month away.

I do have an easy/longer run planned for this coming Saturday - I want my legs nice and tired prior to a flotation tank experience, the kids have treated me for my birthday, which I am excited to try out.

On Sunday we have a bike ride planned for the morning with a nice gastropub lunch for afterwards. I was then thinking I might try a 48-hour water/black coffee/green tea fast from around 1pm Sunday through to 1pm on Tuesday - pretty challenging, probably more mentally than physical. I am simply interested in how I would cope, how I would feel and if it help reset any markers plus assist with weight loss.

Hopefully providing some decent content for the next blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...