Friday 18 October 2013

So far so good - planning for IOW trip

So a brief update this week and it is very much... so far so good!

Legs were a little fatigued on Monday (rest day) after the 25km trail run the day before. A swim would have been great, which I always find helpful after a long run, however the Monday Club pool session is still eluding me.

So Tuesday it was on the bike using my work commute to get some training done - I headed for Devils Dyke and some decent hill work. A relatively easy return but a bit of speed work and some 'fun & games' riding along (against) some other commuters on their road bikes.

Wednesday was a 11.5km run with some tempo work, only a slight niggle with the Achilles but with every run the injury seems to be improving and becoming less of a worry. The evening Club swim was interesting with the focus again on bi-lateral breathing, which I am really making an effort to keep to, plus a number of faster pyramid sets using the width of the pool.

Thursday was back on the bike, an interval set in the morning: 10min warm up, 8x sets of 1min all-out and 4mins steady, followed by 10mins cool down. An easy return last night but unfortunatley I got a puncture and my heart didn't seem to be in it, so my normal hour commute turned into a 1:30 ride (including 15mins to sort out the puncture).

This morning, a strength set around Preston Park - warm up and then 4x (10x push ups, dips, lunges, squats and step ups) in between some easy / hard run sets, followed by 6x strides (30 secs all-out and 30 secs rest).

So my ferry tickets are booked for the Isle of Wight and Saturday morning I am meeting a number of Club members in Portsmouth for the journey over. Thereafter the plan is to cycle one loop of the island (I understand around 60 miles) and grab some lunch on route - should be fun. I will report back in my next blog.

Have a great weekend and enjoy your training!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...