Wednesday 19 February 2020

SwimRun research + revised training schedule

An easy cycle commute this morning - I am very fortunate to live close to the South Downs so have a very scenic, albeit hilly, commute over the top of Devils Dyke. Back later this afternoon, hoping to dodge the rain.

I have had a re-think on my training schedule for the week - I didn't manage to get a swim in yesterday but hope to sort something tomorrow, trying out one of the local pools (probably go for King Alfred on the Brighton seafront) - I am not great swimming on my own but need to train with my pool buoy and paddles (I do like my toys) for my 'A' Race in September so will go in with a plan, which I hope will make sure I get in a decent swim. In 45-60mins I should aim for at least 2K.

It is pretty mad keep running with my Achilles niggles as I really need to rest it, whilst completing my daily strength exercises and stretches. Another week off of running is not going to scupper my training but long-term Achilles issues might!

Yesterday, I did have a Pilates session (thanks to my gorgeous partner who is training to be a Pilates instructor - useful to practice on me). My flexibility is pretty awful as is my strength for anything outside swimming, running and cyling - work needed there!

I am continuing my research of all things SwimRun - training videos, equipment, reviewing classic events etc. I have found a nice wetsuit (SwimRun specific) that looks like 'Batman' - not invested yet, but if I do will provide more details and that all important future equipment review.

So quick change to the training plan for this week:

Mon: 30mins tempo run [Done - probably shouldn't have run with Achilles niggles]
Tue: 60mins Pilates session
Wed: 90mins cycle commute [half-completed]
Thu: 60mins swim (paddles/pull-buoy)
Fri: 90mins cycle commute
Sat: 60mins Club swim
Sun: 90-120mins (optional) cycle

Note to self: not doing very well with the healthy eating + weight loss. My training will suffer if I don't lose 5-6kg over the coming months. Trying to target 0.5kg weight loss a week but keep it off. I am not making it easy for myself (watch out for excess: wine, salted nuts, sugary snacks, processed foods!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

March update - not so cheery

This last week has not been so great... Very unlike me, but I have had a really bad cold, which I think I have mostly beaten, although I hav...