Wednesday 4 March 2020

New kit on its way - new Garmin Fenix 6

I love my tech, especially tech that I get a buzz using everyday and I believe makes me more productive/efficient. Top of my list (even above my smart phone) is my Garmin wearable(s) - over the years I have upgraded whenever I have been able to afford the next model. I normally hold off for 6 months+ and wait for the price to drop a bit.

So I finally got around to ordering the new Garmin Fenix 6 Pro (the lighter titanium model) to replace my Forerunner 935, which has done a stellar job. Even though I have opted for the lighter titanium model it is still heavier than my Forerunner, which I hope is not going to be a problem during my long runs - will I notice it more? I have read countless reviews on the watch and think it should all be good but I will not sell my trusty Forerunner until I am sure the Fenix 6 works for me.

Anyway, I will leave a formal review of the watch until I have it in my person and used it for a couple of weeks.

Otherwise, training is slow and I am yet to fully commit to the increased volume and measures to bring down my weight by the target 0.5kg per week. It is now only 6 months to my 'A race' and I primarily need to build up my strength, swimming and trail running.

As the weather improves I can see this helping in getting me out there and enjoying the sea and the Downs, which are conventially on my doorstep - ideal for SwimRun training.

Until then I need to do what I can to keep up the motivation (hopefully this blog and checking in will help, as will my new Garmin).

For the rest of this week I need to get in  another 1-2 runs and a swim, at the very least.

Tomorrow I am up in London at a conference so my usual Thames run loop (along South bank and over Tower Bridge) is definitely on my 'to do' list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...