Sunday 19 March 2023

Need to move the needle

I have a rough plan for my SwimRun training beginning when I return from my holiday in mid-April but I am still keen to move the needle a bit before then - a couple of 30-40min runs, a bike commute (sometimes on an e-bike), and a few press-ups is simply not going to cut it.

My plan (separate blog to follow) is likely to be 6-8 hours+ a week, a long way from my 10-15 hours of training for Ironman, although that was some years back. At the moment 2-3 hours is pathetic and my diet is still a long way from perfect. I have managed to reduce the alcohol but still need to ditch the sugary + fatty foods and increase the protein. Getting more serious about strength training would also be more welcome.

Meanwhile, looking at the week ahead:

Mon: 1:30 bike commute (on road bike, keep me away from e-power!)
Tue: 30 min run intervals
Wed: 30 min Peloton bike (strength) and 15 min core
Thu: 1:00 run, incl. tempo set(s)
Fri: 30 min strength
Sat: 1:00 Club swim
Sun: 1:30 long run

Well that would be 6 hours but I haven't completed a full week like that for years.... let's see how I do!

The weather does not look great but that is no excuse for getting it done



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...