Tuesday 21 March 2023

So far, so good

It's Tuesday and so far, so good. Mon + Tue training sessions completed as planned. Today I simply let Garmin Coach provide the program and it suggested a sprint set - 15 mins warm up then 15 secs sprint at a target pace of 3:10 mins per km with 3 min recovery (repeat another 5 times). I thought I would be a bit light on the pacing, despite the very short time period of work (pain) but actually I did quite well. My 15 sec splits were as follows:

1. 2:50
2. 3:02
3. 3:03
4. 2:54
5. 3:03

Comfortably under the 3:10 target zone. The recovery was supposed to be around the 6:45-7:30 min per km pace but I kept it around 5:45-6:00, which felt nice and gentle.

Tomorrow I hope to jump on the Peloton bike for a strength/power set and follow up with some core strength.

Thursday back to the running. Saturday will be a big test - planned Club Swim, I haven't swum for ages so might find that a struggle - thinking I may have to drop down a lane.

I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...