Thursday 12 October 2023

Taper week

Do I even deserve a taper week?

Not really, the training remains a little on the light side - I have been cautious because I am still struggling (bored saying it!) with some minor foot/ankle injury - on my left side, tendonitis, and on the right - my heel (plantar fasciitis). Over the last few days I have been using a massage ball under my feet while I sit at my desk, which I hope is helping - who knows!

My last long(ish) run was on the 7th October, 8 days before the event - I managed 16km at a 5:08 min per km pace - not too bad, although it felt relatively hard and was also quite hot.

I should be OK on the day and hoping the chance of doing a big race with thousand of runners will motivate me, plus keeping up and setting a decent pace for Amalie.

Just 3 days now...

I will let you know how it goes. See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...