Wednesday 4 September 2013

Back on home soil

And I'm back - back on home soil.

Had a great relaxing holiday although it did involve a little more drinking and eating than training so I certainly need to get rid of a few excess pounds.

The plane flight home was a bit of disaster with a 7 hour plus delay, which resulted in less than 2 hours sleep before work. I think it is probably wise to miss the longer Club swim tonight and use the time to re-build my bike (still wrapped up snuggly in the bike bag).

Tomorrow I will start off with a commute into Brighton and back, probably involving some hills (over Devils Dyke). My tendons are better but not yet fully recovered so possibly will plan an easy 5-10km run on Friday.  Saturday will see a return to the pool. Sunday and Monday I am travelling up North so limited time for training.

The plan is to build the training back up to 8-12 hours per week and start thinking about next years goals; also an opportunity to review 2012/13.

Looking forward to running some longer distances but still not confident enough to chance it whilst I have the current tendon issues.

Will keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...