Sunday 8 March 2015

Weather and training both improving

The last few days have been lovely and I have actually questioned my clothing selection wishing I had opted for shorts and one less layer on top.

The good news apart from the better weather is that I am still injury free and picking up the training. The focus remains on running however I did get a couple of bike rides in this last week. I wouldn't say I was properly bike fit (call it 75%) and struggled to keep close to an average of 30km per hour for more than 1-2 hours. Time is going to be short between my big 50 mile ultra distance trail run and the Liege - Bastogne classic bike event 3 weeks later. I think that I will need to get some serious miles in plus a bit of power work on the turbo. Commuting into Brighton more frequently should help to build up the miles.

I recorded some downhill intervals a few days ago to build up my quad muscles in preparation for the SDW50 ultra, which is going to be very lumpy.

I ran on slightly tired legs today but manged 20km without too much effort. Plans for a long Brighton run over the Downs and back to back long run days are still in my mind. Not long now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...