Monday 25 March 2013

First brick session of the season

Not a bad week of training, mostly completed as planned, including my first brick session of the season at a decent race pace.

Still breaking in the Newton running shoes but remain happy with their performance and looking to up the mileage and make a decision whether to use them on the 14th April for the Brighton marathon. General consensus is 'don't try anything new on race day', hence my interest to give them a proper road test before the big day, albeit I am not going to get up to 3 hours plus that ideally will be needed (already done my longer runs).

It was good to get out the Tri bike and complete my brick set in the aero position (one hour on the turbo and 30 mins run, around my local village).

My plan for the week is as follows:

Mon - Run (0:30) incl. 10x strides - DONE
Tue - Bike (2:00) commute - hill work and easy return
Wed - Run (0:30) easy Z1-2 + Club Swim (1:30)
Thu - Bike (2:00) commute - interval work and easy return
Fri - Run (1:30) race tempo practice - 5km warm up / 10km goal pace / cool down
Sat - Club Swim (1:00)
Sun - Club Duathlon Race (short distance) - 5km run / 20km bike / 3km run

First race of the season - not an 'A' race but I would still like to give it my best effort. Hopefully last Sunday's brick session and the planned 4 hours on the bike during the next few days will help in that preparation.

Thereafter it is a bit of a small taper down to Brighton marathon.

The tri bike on the turbo trainer in the 'Cave of Pain' (my messy garage)

2 comments:

  1. Thank for your feedback. Been a bit light on Blogging recently but I enjoy keeping a log of my training and hope some of the content is of interest to any followers. David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for your feedback. Been a bit light on Blogging recently but I enjoy keeping a log of my training and hope some of the content is of interest to any followers. David

    ReplyDelete

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...