Monday 1 April 2013

Not in the plan

It is 9:40am on Easter Monday and I had expected to be on the bike section of the Club short Duathlon at this exact time.

Unfortunately I am sitting on my backside in my lounge feeling sorry for myself.

I was all geared up for the first race of the season but last night I started getting some flu symptoms so decided to get an early night. I had an awful night and by 7am had a very nasty headache and high temperature, very unlike me.

Finally I took the decision not to race and went back to bed for a further hour with some drugs to try and ease the painful headache.

Looking back at last week I managed to get around 6:30 hours on the bike and a couple of short runs. I had to leave the longer Club swim on Wednesday but got in the Saturday morning session.

Once I feel a little better I hope to get in a bit more training but expect to keep it relatively light as I taper down to the Brighton marathon on the 14th.

I will keep you informed of my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March update - not so cheery

This last week has not been so great... Very unlike me, but I have had a really bad cold, which I think I have mostly beaten, although I hav...