Sunday 11 January 2015

Man Flu hits

First week of increased training and I get taking down by Man Flu - serious stuff.

I did soldier on but missed a couple of run sessions and an easy bike. The week was not a complete disaster as I managed three decent enough turbo interval / power sets, 2 swims (despite all my coughing) and a 31 km long run, which was the key session of the week.

The long run was slow (over 6 min per km average) but it did include a couple of nasty hills and lots of mud. I did achieve the distance / time goal, which I increased to 30km and/or 3 hours.

I would normally enjoy a rest day tomorrow but if it is nice weather I cannot resist doing an interval run along Brighton seafront as I will be down on the coast and have missed running there.

Otherwise if I can shake this cold / flu I will try to up the time and run distance. Goal this week is to hit 50km in total.

Will leave you with a picture I took on top of the Downs by Cissbury Ring and 20km in to the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...