Thursday 29 January 2015

Getting there - slowly and surely

Last week I clocked nearly 11 hours of training including a 4 hour long run. Still not back to my pre - Ironman volume but not bad for base training. Considering I am still not benefiting from my Brighton commute, which accounted for a good proportion of training last year, it is looking OK and I am making steady progress - slowly and surely.

So far in January I have logged 35 hours of training. Last year it was 41 hours in total so it would be nice of I could trump that and end up nearer 45-50 hours.

I managed a decent bike on Tuesday and was pleased with my swimming on Wednesday evening. This morning was a short stride set. One of my mates commented on Strava - training for a sprint finish for my ultra run!

I hope to jump on the turbo later today and/or tomorrow. Saturday is another swim set and possible tempo run. Sunday will be another run but not as long as current efforts.

The plan is to break 45km next week (4-5 hour on my feet) for one single run getting me firmly into ultra territory. Thereafter I aim to get in a 50km  run over the Downs.

It also won't be long before I have my Level 1 coaching weekend in Brighton - I will report back on that later.

Still going through more mid - life 'fun and games' - thinking of progressing to a full motorcycle licence and now growing a bit of an ultra beard (untidy stubble at the moment).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...