Sunday 4 January 2015

Setting yourself up to win

Still a relatively low volume week but started to set myself up to win. First thing was to get my turbo out in the garage (named the 'cave of pain'). I also utilised an old TV and bought myself a £20 DVD player with SCART lead (old school) so I could easily play Spinervals workouts and favourite movies while I train. Managed 2x 40mins turbo sets during the week.

Was unable to use the pool on New Year's Eve so opted for the Monday evening swim session.

On Saturday went for an hour off - road tempo run rather than a coffee.

My longer Sunday run wasn't that long (family commitments), however I felt pretty good and am confident that I would have had no problem if it had of ended up a 25km plus run (only managed 17km). During the run I experimented with honey and water as fuel - felt pretty good so will use again for longer runs.

So my plan for the coming week:

Mon - strides set (on treadmill) and gym work (1:00)
Tue - Turbo power set (1:00)
Wed - Tempo run (1:00) / Club Swim (1:30)
Thu - Z2 bike (2:00)
Fri - Spin bike set and gym work (1:00)
Sat - Club Swim (1:00)
Sun - Long run (2:30)

If all goes as expected a 11 hour total, which is more than I have done for a while. I would like to think I could bank a 25km plus run on the Sunday and increase by at least 2-3 km each week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave,

    How many hours would you say are required for Ironman training. I am competing in Weymouth in September 2015 and am going to aim for around 10 hours per week. Do you think that this is enough?

    James

    ReplyDelete

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...