Monday 14 August 2023

Achilles still causing me pain

I really enjoyed a nice cycle with Lucy on Saturday morning - 55km on the road bikes, one of my favourite routes that tooks us through Edburton, Fulking, Bramber, Botolphs, Shoreham and then to Hove, where we stopped for a coffee. Then back over the Downs and via Wickwoods, Langton Lane to home - sweet! Fortunately the wind was behind us along the coast.

On Sunday, I wanted to try out my new Asics Magic Speed 2 Eiken R carbon road shoes but was still a little wary of my Achilles niggles. The shoes were great and provided a lot of bounce (felt less effort) but it was probably still to early to run on the injury, despite all the strengthening exercises I have been doing over the last few weeks. Anyway, I returned home, loving the shoes but feeling I hadn't done myself any favours and likely delayed my recovery further.

So I plan to continue with the strengthening of my ankle and lay off the running for a little longer, although it is getting tighter what with my SwimRun event in September and half-marathon in October. Let's hope I get to the start line injury-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...