Saturday 5 August 2023

Running injury, cycling holiday and more new shoes!

It is has been a while since my last post...

About two and a half weeks ago after a long(ish) run and previous ankle niggles my Achilles Tendon issues came back to haunt me. So since then (July 20) my training has been scaled back.

I have been on a short holiday to Slovenia where we cycled for 3 days including a long climb (1,250m height), which I managed on a heavy rental bike - slow and steady in the granny gear.

I also got a few swims in at Lake Bled, which was beautiful. Although I have had some minor left shoulder twinges since then - I am falling apart!

Anyway, just back from my first run since the Achilles injury and it wasn't too bad. My legs were fresh and I ran in my short-distance Adidas (fast) trainers that are relatively new. It was only the last 200m I felt more pain, so stopped and walked.

I probably over did it and have put my recovery back further! Decided to order a pair of trusted 'Asics', albeit a carbon version. Let's hope they help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...