Thursday 10 August 2023

Nice sea swim

Yesterday I cycled into work on my wonderful little Brompton, powered by Swytch - always fun. It was also a beautiful morning so I stopped along Brighton seafront for a coffee on the beach before heading into the office - what a way to start the morning.

As the weather was so great (finally) I was determined to get in a sea swim at lunchtime. I went down with Speedos, paddles and pull-buoy and swam around the buoys to complete a 1K swim - the water was a little choppy and the current was certainly dragging me around a bit - much harder one way than the other. I am so lucky to have an opportunity to swim, on my door-step, as such.

Lucy came and met me after work so I didn't have the return commute but I have another opportunity to ride the Brompton when I have to drop the car off for a service on Friday. Otherwise, my Achilles niggles are still stopping my rub training. Really looking forward to trying my new Asics running shoes (with carbon 😀).

My eating / drinking on holiday and post-holiday were not so great so back to 84kg (was as low as 82kg a couple of weeks back). My target of 79kg seems a long way off again - need to get back on it.

Still unsure of my gear choice for the Bewl Water SwimRun - do I go pull-buoy or calf-guards - thinking more pull-buoy at the moment as calf-guards quite warm and uncomfortable to run in - decisions, decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...