Tuesday 22 January 2013

Interval set

Despite the snowy conditions I have managed to get in some running training - approx. 3.5 hours over last 4 days. On Sat/Sun it was mostly off-road - lots of fun running through fields of fresh snow.

Monday I completed what I call a 'push and run' set around Preston Park in Brighton when I run circuits which include 6x sets of exercises (each exercise set is 10 push ups, 10 dips, 10 lunges, 10 squats and 10 step-ups) - a bit of strength work in between some running (easy Z2 and faster Z4).

Keeping in the theme of mixing easy aerobic Z2 work and more intense Z4 training (trying to minimise the time spent in between, i.e. Z3) I was pleased with this morning's effort, as follows:

10 mins warm up
4x (8 mins Z4 + 2 mins Z2)
10 mins cool down

For the Z4 sets my pace was around 4:00 to 4:15 mins per km. I thought I would slow in the latter sets but I was quite consistent and actually ended quite strong. Not bad considering the time spent in Z4 was generally longer than my usual intervals and it was quite slippery under foot.

Loving my new Garmin 910XT watch (will review in future post).

Noticed the mornings are getting lighter already, which is a bonus.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...