Sunday 21 May 2023

Another decent week of training but not hitting 6 hours+

So a number of decent training sets this week - I am still working through a Garmin Coach half-marathon intermediate plan (1:40 target pace) - only 3 runs a week with a focus on high-cadence drills, gliders (walk-jog-run transition), hill repeats, goal pace repeats and a long run (also incorporating some run/walk). This week I also had a test 'Magic Mile', which I completed at 6:48 - 1st time so looking to improve over coming weeks.

There was no swimming this week so I really need to start introducing more time in the pool, lake and sea. Actually I was also light on the strength work, maybe not such a good week!

Anyway, the weather looks to be improving and I have a couple of cycle commutes planned, a min of 3 runs (possibly 4) and a swim - you never know I might even make 6 hours plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...