Monday 8 May 2023

Good and bad for Coronation weekend

On the whole a relatively decent week - volume was bang on 6 hours after including some weights and strength sets. I also got in a Club swim, 2 cycles and 2 runs. Would have liked another run - 3+ is my weekly goal, however I enjoyed the swim and managed a decent enough pace/effort over the hour albeit some of that was with paddles and pull-buoy (good practice for SwimRun 'A' race).

The disappointment came in the weight management - I was doing really well and was down another 1kg earlier in the week, however with a Friday dinner party and the Coronation celebrations over the weekend my food/drink choices were not most ideal - nothing terrible but the scales didn't like it! It could be that my weight loss was too aggressive and as soon as I added back more normal levels of carbs/sugar (nothing crazy) my body was going to store every bit of it.

Anyway, it is not going to stop me moving forward. Next 1-2 weeks back on it plus lots more fitness planned. More on that in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...