Wednesday 3 May 2023

How the week is shaping

I got out the old Cannondale Road bike for my commute in/out of Brighton yesterday and managed to log a Local Legend Strava section for most number of rides over 90 days.

This morning I followed Garmin's recommendation for a Threshold run set that included 18mins at sub 5:05 per km, although I aimed for under 5mins (looked better). My VO2 max for running according to Garmin remains pretty stuck at 49 - still in top 5% of men of my age group, although lower than my previous 50+ Over the coming months and as my training volume/intensity increases I would like to see that number back above 50.

Meanwhile, the weight goal target remains someway off, however I have made steady and hopefully sustainable headway in the right direction. The first 2 kg were relatively easy to lose but since then progress has slowed and it will definitely be harder to shift the next 2kg - need to be consistent and keep going.

The weather tomorrow looks nice so would be great to get another run in the bank. I have cleared my garage and dusted off the weights, TRX and pull-up bar - next stage - use them!!

I need to bring the total training volume to around 6 hours this week so that does mean logging some additional miles - a long run or potential swim on Sat/Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...