Friday 12 May 2023

Garmin Coach

So my initial plan (last post) is not exactly working out - but, the new plan is looking OK. Since my last post I have been trying out one of Garmin's coaching programs (half marathon - intermediate level). The Coach (an experienced, albeit well-seasoned coach/athlete) recommends integrating walking in between some of the run sets. He is also an advocate of high cadence drills, gliding (transitioning from walk-jog-run) and hill repeats, which I did today. 

This Sunday is going to be a heavier set with a long run (1.5 hours plus), which I haven't done for a while. I am going to keep it easy but it will be nice to get some increased mileage in the legs. 

My weekly swim will be rescheduled for Monday evening (club swim) but I will need to make every effort to build the weekly swim up to 2 sessions over the coming weeks. This week has also seen greater strength work although my legs were tired after some weighted squats and lunges.

Right, going to plan my route for Sunday's run. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...