Wednesday 7 June 2023

VO2 Max (running) finally back to 50 and 'Superior rating'

This morning my scheduled run and Garmin Coach recommendation didn't really work out as planned. My Garmin watch somehow disconnected from the system and I was forced into going solo - just a 7km out and back run at a steady pace along the seafront, up to see the new Sea Laines 50m outside pool.

My legs felt a little heavy (maybe it was my body!) - I don't know the reason why as I had a couple of rest days (only an easy spin on the bike). Anyway, when I finished I was a little surprised and generally quite pleased to see that my VO2 Max for my running had increased from 49 (Excellent rating) to 50 (Superior), based on my age.

It has been higher (Ironman days) although I am glad I am back in top bracket (last time - end of 2022) and apparently in the top 5% for my age and gender.

Now how to move it to 51?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...