Friday 1 September 2023

Some better news

So just back from my familiar 6km local loop and second run of the week. Finally the Achilles injury feels like it is on the mend. This morning I managed a sub 5min pace per km so hopefully I haven't lost too much speed (new carbon shoes help!)

I hope to increase the mileage over next fortnight with a short sharp taper to my SwimRun event at Bewl Water. I have to be careful not to overdo it as I will be back to square one and have no choice to pull out from the race.

In other news I treated myself to a beautiful Omega Seamaster, a watch I have always dreamed of. Don't worry my trusty Garmin Fenix 6 will still be my go to watch for training and day to day wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...