Monday 17 April 2023

Back on home turf - it begins!

So I am back home after a wonderful family holiday to Vietnam.

There was a lot of travelling plus sitting down over the last fortnight and not always the best food choices (more fried food than Pho noodles). The damage - my weight on return to the UK was 87.1kg, the heaviest I have been for many years.

I have already posted my plan to get back to a normal weight range for my age and height - a bit of work to do!

Today was day 1 - I wanted to ideally keep to 800 calories, 50g+ of protein, 50g- of carbs and a fasting period of 16 hours.

I started with a morning black coffee and then some chicken plus humus at 1pm (18 hours after I last consumed food). I had a well balanced evening meal - salmon, baked potato, broccoli and then some yoghurt, mango, blueberries and walnuts. I was quite amazed when the total for everything (nothing missed) was circa. 1,100 calories. I did manage a 30 min run, which apparently used up 500 calories so you could argue my net total was less.

I am contemplating switching out lunch for a protein meal replacement (like Huel), which could reduce the calories further still.

Tomorrow my Garmin scales come, which will allow me to track my weight more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...