Sunday 9 April 2023

Thinking ahead to some (serious) training in the weeks to come

Today hasn't been too indulgent on the food/drink volume, however the only exercise has been a 26min snorkel and a 30min walk! I should learn to relax and enjoy the slight indulgences of the holiday, however I am sure the weight is still going north and I have quite a big job to get back to race weight/fitness.


A holiday is always a great way to reset and provide that mindspace to think about your goals and getting back on track. I am not going to beat myself up too much as I never go silly (not in my makeup) but I do know when it is time to move the needle and that time is very close.

I need to do it for me - time to focus, time for a bit of selfishness, I need to feel that buzz once again - reaching for a goal and following through to get the result required, although enjoying the journey along the way. Let's do it!

N.B. Remind me to be careful participating in other non-triathlete sports. I joined in a volleyball game with the younger boys yesterday and today my arms are killing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...