Sunday 30 April 2023

Watching Alex at Hyrox Worlds in Olympia

Sunday morning - train journey home after an early start and a trip up to London Olympia to see my Son (Alex) compete in his first Hyrox event.

All very exciting - amazingly fit athletes tackle 8 different exercises together with 8x 1km run loops. Alex and his training partner entered as a pair to share the exercises and motivate each other, although the pressure is on as you don't want to let your partner down.

They did really well and looked strong throughout finishing in a great time of circa. 1:13:00.

So would I have a crack.... I would never say no, however there are other events higher on my priority list. At the moment I would struggle with the individual exercises - simply not strong enough. Most of the Hyrox athletes were ripped and looked to have excellent upper body strength.

Alex has suggested doing a Tough Mudder event together, now I like the sound of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...