Saturday 15 April 2023

The eating plan (or lack of it)

So before I create the training plan my focus is more on the eating plan (or lack of it) to try and help me get back on track and down to a more sensible weight level prior to increasing the training volume.

This is especially topical as I write this post at an airport on my return journey from a family holiday in Vietnam where not all the food choices were the best!

The plan is as follows (stage 1):
- Reduce calories to below 800 per day for first few weeks, at least during weekdays
- Carbs less than 50g and protein more than 50g, log on Fitness Pal
- 16:8 intermittent fasting, eating in the window of 12pm - 8pm
- Black coffee, green tea or water to get me through the morning
- Low-calorie protein shake (might try Huel) around lunchtime
- Some almonds for snack, if hungry
- Proper meal around 6:30ish
- Keep going until I have dropped at least 3-4kg

Stage 2 is to push the calories up to circa. 1,000 but increase protein to 80-100g per day. Still trying to keep to lower calories from Mon-Thu and increase a bit more on Fri-Sun, keeping the carbs lower, at least until I lose a couple more kilos.

Stage 3, once I hit target weight of 79.5kg, revert to Mediterranean diet - don't worry too much about counting calories. Protein up to 100-120g per day.

During Stage 1-2 I will continue training but will not push it. Once I get to Stage 3 training volume can increase as should strength/HIT workouts.

That's it in a nutshell - I will report my starting (current) weight but expect it to be 86-87kg, post holiday, heaviest I have been for some time and not where I want to start for my SwimRun training plan.

Also looking at purchasing some Garmin scales to better track my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...