Sunday 23 April 2023

Watching the London marathon after a very wet 10km local loop

10am on 23rd April and I am sitting with a coffee with the London marathon playing on the TV. Just back from a very wet 10km local loop - really grey and miserable out but so pleased I braved the weather - actually I always quite enjoy running in the rain.

Back for a nice warm shower and here I am - great opportunity to update you on a few points.

Not much to say on the exercise/fitness volume this week. It took me a couple of days to get my body back to normal after the long journey back from Vietnam. I managed a run and easy e-bike plus daily pushups in addition to this morning's effort.

On the weight loss plan I haven't really kept to 800 calories a day (very hard), however I have been in successful reducing sugar, alcohol, carbs and increasing protein. For Mon-Fri I fasted between 8pm to 12pm only drinking a black coffee in the morning. The net result on my weight was a decrease from 87.1kg (ouch!) to around 85kg, which is promising. The next 2-3kg is going to be more difficult and then to reach sub 80kg even harder but one step at the time.

Another event in the diary - I have entered the Bath half-marathon on 15th October 2023. Lucy's daughter (Amalie) wants me to run with her. Bath is her university City. It is after my main 'A Race' SwimRun in September so I hope to be in decent enough shape - let's hope so.

I must say watching the London marathon is getting me motivated for entering more events.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...